I am having a Laptop which is approximately two years old barely remains charged for half an hour. Hence I need to charge always very soon. How can I keep my laptop battery going for as long as possible? Is your Laptop battery dead? Will you carry one of those huge external battery packs? Do you know how to boost up the performance of the laptop battery? Laptops tend to lose their battery charm very quickly when I was constantly looking for the nearest power outlet to charge up. How does this happens and what I should I do in order to get rid of this problem and How can I improve my Laptop battery performance?
One of the easy method to avoid low battery performance of the Laptop is to adjust the power options. Many Laptops are configured to reduce the performance to save the power consumption and to extend the battery time.
On the other hand, if your laptop is plugged into the mains or if you are not worried about Laptop battery life, then try adjusting its power options to enjoy its power boost.
In order to perform this operation, go to click Start -> select Control Panel -> click on Hardware and Sound -> then select Power Option. Now Windows appear titled ‘select the power plan’ and listing many power plans. Then click the down arrow next to the text ‘Show additional plans’. Select the High performance option. This gives you the maximum speed from your laptop, even though your laptop battery drains faster if you’re not plugged into the mains.
You can avoid overflowing of the Laptop battery by following some steps, dim your screen- Most of the Laptops comes with the ability to dim the Laptop screen. Some of them even come with the ways to modify the CPU and cooling performance. Set them to the lowest level, you can tolerate to squeeze out some extra battery juice. Keeps your battery contacts clean- always keep your battery metal contacts clean with every couple of months with a cloth moistened with rubbing alcohol. This is because it keeps the power transfer from your Laptop battery more efficient. Thus you can improve your Laptop performance in better way. You can prefer this link- http://www.improve-laptop-performance.com/ to get an idea on how to improve the Laptop performance.
Some of the useful tips and advice
- Lower the brightness of your Laptop screen, the brighter the screen more the power is being used.
- Defrag your Laptop regularly, this allows hard drive of the laptop to not work hard which will not drain the battery more.
- Remove the external drives like USB drives, louse, also the WiFi which will drain the battery so that it turn off when you are not using it to save the power
- Always keep the amount of programs on the Laptop to a minimum because every program open helps drain the battery a little bit more.
- If you put your Laptop on standby then you must try to switch to hibernate because hibernate fully shuts down your Laptop. But this allows you to resume your work quickly when you turn it back on.