There are number of storage devices available to store data and among them external hard disk is one of the widely used device to store data. It offers large amount of space to store data and facilitates quick way to access or retrieve files. The external hard disks can be easily connected to system by using data cables. The information or data in the external hard disk will get lost because of some scenarios.
Data loss scenarios from external hard disks:
- Accidentally formatting the external hard disks. It means that, user unknowingly selecting external hard disk when trying to format other drives.
- Viruses or malwares like Autorun, Trojans, etc. may affect to the data which is present in the external hard disks, and as a result you may lose some of your important data from it.
- While transferring data to/from external hard disks, if you suddenly eject external drive or system gets abruptly shut down, then you may loss data from external hard disk.
- While scanning the external hard disks, if files contain any viruses then the anti-virus app may delete infected files during the scanning process.
- Data or information in external hard disks may get deleted or go missing due to more reasons like file system corruption, unintentional deletion, damaged drive, bad sectors, and more.
The safety measures that can prevent the data from external hard drive:
- Never eject the external hard disks during transferring of data.
- Please keep back up of your important files before formatting your external hard disk.
- Avoid adding new data, if your external hard disk has some problems or affected by viruses.
- Prevent mishandling of external hard drive or avoid using the same device on different OS like Windows and Mac.
External hard drive recovery, is it possible?
Yes, it is possible to recover deleted or lost files from external hard disks. External hard drive recovery can be done by using different recovery software which will help to recover the deleted or lost files. You can choose the most efficient, reliable and good working one like External Disk Recovery Software.
This software supports different types of files such as text files, audio files, video files, image files, spreadsheets, etc. It also supports recovery of file from various file systems like FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, ExFAT, etc. This software runs on different Windows versions like Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, etc.
It is also compatible on different versions of Mac OS including Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, etc. The utility has powerful scan option that scans the entire drive to find and recover data even from RAW external hard drive. This software is capable enough to recover external HDD data after format, boot sector corruption, and file system issues, virus attack, partition loss and other severe data loss accidents.
Quick ways of retrieving files from external hard disk:
- First you need to download and install the demo version of this software on your system. Then run the software to perform external hard drive recovery.
- Select the device or storage device from which the data needs to be recovered
- From the main screen select appropriate scan option to recover deleted files.
- Software starts scanning process to recover deleted files.
- Once the scanning process is completed, you can preview restored files in “File Type View” or “Data View”.
- If you are satisfied with the result, then “Save” the recovered files to any desired location.